Recording Venue: Skype
Charles Anderson talks to Mitchell Hashimoto about the Vagrant open source project, which can be used to create and configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments. Vagrant aims to make new developers on a project productive within minutes of joining the project instead of spending hours or days setting up the developer’s workstation. The outline includes an overview of Vagrant, how to use Vagrant, and technical details about how Vagrant provides its functions. They conclude with a discussion of the open source project and HashiCorp, which Mitchell established to support and develop Vagrant and other devops tools.
- Vagrant project site: http://vagrantup.com/
- Vagrant documentation: http://docs.vagrantup.com/
- “Vagrant: Up and Running”:http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920026358.do
- HashiCorp: http://www.hashicorp.com/
- Docker project site: http://www.docker.com/
- Mitchell on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mitchellh