Guest: Andreas Rueping
In this episode, our guest Andreas Rueping and Markus talk about documenting software. While this is a topic that many people don’t like or consider fun, it is nonetheless very important. Based on his book, Agile Documentation, we talk about various aspects documenting software such as what to document, when to document, which media to use as well as specifically a number of layouting tips for nice documents.
- Andreas’ Web Site
- His book, Agile Documentation
- Paper: The Structure and Layout of Technical Documents
- Paper: Typography And Desktop Publishing
- A really nice German book on typography and layout called Mut zur Typographie (yes the title is a bit strange, but the book is good
- Another great book called Universal Principles of Design: 100 Ways to Enhance Usability, Influence Perception, Increase Appeal, Make Better Design Decisions, and Teach Through Design (yes, the title is a bit long, but the book is good!)