Josh Long talks to Pivotal’s Andrew Clay Shafer about the state of platforms-as-a-service (PaaS; like Cloud Foundry). They cover how pass relates to the fast-evolving container-ready distributed runtimes such as Lattice, Kubernetes and Mesos. The discussion starts with a look at what PaaS means and moves on to how the technology has evolved, the community has grown, and how the community now shapes its development. Then, the discussion turns to the future of the Cloud Foundry technology and where it lives in a crowded field.
- Lattice Cloud Foundry http://cloudfoundry.org/
- Puppet Apache Mesos http://mesos.apache.org/
- Kubernetes Linux Containers (LXC) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LXC
- Open VZ Unikernels http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Unikernels
- OSV Project Mirage http://openmirage.org/
- Andrew’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/littleidea