Hosts: Michael and Markus
This Episode as well as the next one take a look at remoting infrastructures such as CORBA, .NET Remoting or Webservices. In this first part we will take a look at why remote communication is necessary in the first place, what remoting middleware can do for you as well as which other middleware technologies exist in addition to OO-RPC systems, such as messaging middleware. Finally, we conclude with a brief overview of what the broker pattern can do for us in the context of remoting middleware.
- Web Services information at W3C
- .NET Remoting overview
- Enterprise Integration Patterns take a look at messaging middleware
- CORBA information
- POSA 2 contains a number of implementation patterns for concurrent systems
- The Broker Pattern Revisited, a paper describing the essence of the Broker Pattern
- POSA 1, the book which contains the broker pattern.
- Remoting Patterns, the book that contains the patterns based on which we explain remoting middleware
- Web Services standards at OASIS